Comunidade Restauração. Our mission is to love!
The Comunidade Restauração was founded in August 1999 and is led by lay people, so it is denominated as "Private Association of Faithful", recognized by the Roman Catholic Apostolic Church.
The name came from an inspiration from the Book of the Prophet Isaiah, in chapter 43, where the Lord God declares his love for the People of Israel and promises its restoration. This name conveys the great desire of the heart of God: that many people also have their lives restored, assuming a sincere conversion of thought and attitude.
"Our mission is to love" represents what we want for our lives, following in the footsteps and living the spirituality of St. Therese of the Child Jesus and the Sacred Face: to serve the people, proclaiming the Love of God in the power of the Holy Spirit.
"For One Life It's Been Worth It" is the symbol in our work and commitment in the social sphere, through the care of families who are in a situation of vulnerability and social risk, mainly to victims of direct or indirect influence with use and abuse of drugs and alcohol.
IMPACT ON THE
- 100 families assisted through the DEPENDENT SUPPORT GROUP (GAD).
- 36 people received and recovered
- 20 people, on average, kept up and treated throughout the year
- 7 camps conducted
- 5 events held: Chic 1 and 2 Thrift Shop, Ficar's Cafeteria, Goodwill Lunch and Auction
- 42 tons of food produced in our Agricultural Production site
- Improvement in the quality of care and in the number of families served by GAD
- Increase to 30 the number of people received and treated during the year
- 11 campsites
- Holding of 6 events: Bingo, Chic 1 and 2 Thrift Shop, Ficar's Cafeteria, Goodwill Lunch and Auction
- Increased planting area in protected cultivation system - NEW GREENHOUSES
- Significant increase in the number of contributing members and supporters of the cause